Our Orthopaedic Service investigates and treats an extensive range of orthopaedic (musculoskeletal – bone, muscle, ligament, tendon) disorders.
The Orthopaedic Service works closely with our other services to provide a comprehensive and integrated approach to each patient’s care. Patients who undergo surgery at The Ralph have a focused perioperative care plan and benefit from 24/7 excellent and compassionate care provided by our dedicated and highly qualified team.
The types of surgical procedures we perform at The Ralph include:
- Fracture repair (internal and external fixation)
- Cruciate ligament repair (lateral tibiofabella suture, TPLO, cranial closing wedge osteotomy)
- Medial patella luxation repair
- Angular limb deformity correction
- Luxation/sprains/shear injury repair
- Joint replacements, including total hip replacement (from mid-2019)
Our surgical team utilise a range of specialist surgical and non-surgical equipment to support their delivery of excellent and compassionate care. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced diagnostic imaging, minimally invasive ‘keyhole’ techniques, and intensive patient monitoring and support as needed.