The Ralph’s currently free Telemedicine Service supports vets working in general practice from across the United Kingdom to manage their chronic and non-urgent INTERNAL MEDICINE cases.
The service offers easy-to-access and in-depth consultation for primary care practices from some of our team of Internal Medicine specialists: Annelies Willems, Cecilia Stilwell, Hannah Darcy and Patricia Ibarrola via video/audio call (using Zoom software) or by written report.
So how does it work?
1. Contact us by phone, email or via the referral portal to book a currently free telemedicine consultation at a time to suit you (or to request a written-only telemedicine report). You are very welcome to book a consultation wherever you work in the UK.
2. Send us the clinical history, lab results and imaging studies along with the patient and client details via email to [email protected], or simply upload this information using our referral portal.
3. Complete our short Telemedicine Appointment Form. We will send you the link to this form when your booking is confirmed.
4. Attend the consultation using the Zoom link in the appointment email and chat with one of our Internal Medicine specialists. Written-only telemedicine reports are provided via email (without a consultation) within two working days of your confirmed appointment date.
5. A written report with a summary of our assessment and recommendations will be emailed to you 24 hours after the consultation.
6. At present, there is no charge for the telemedicine consultation. We will send a zero-fee invoice directly to your client for their records.
Why should I use The Ralph’s Telemedicine Service?
Three simple reasons…
1. We genuinely care for vets working in practice and want to support you with this currently free service where we can. It’s also a great chance for you to expand your diagnostic capabilities and clinical knowledge.
2. There is no contract, minimum monthly requirements, or subscription fees. At present, the service is free of charge!
3. Should the patient deteriorate or need further intervention whereby a physical referral is required we are already familiar with the patient, their problems and their carers. This importantly provides continuity of care for practices close enough to refer cases to The Ralph.
How is it different from the free advice you already provide?
Our currently free Telemedicine Service allows our clinicians to give you more of their time and provide you with more value.
- The Internal Medicine specialist will undertake a thorough review of the clinical notes, laboratory results and imaging studies in relation to the case. Just like they would with a ‘regular’ referral.
- A 45-minute video/phone consultation is then arranged at a convenient time for you (without the carer and patient present) during which you can discuss the case in detail with the Internal Medicine specialist.
- Guidance regarding further investigations and treatment will be provided during the consultation and within a written report (provided 24 hours after the consultation).
- This service supports you in managing the case in practice and offers in-depth specialist consultation for your clients whereby a full case referral is not required.
I don’t have time for a consultation, but still need advice on my case. What can I do?
We understand you don’t always have the luxury of time when working in practice. If you’re seeking specialist advice on a medicine case but would prefer to skip the Zoom consultation then we’ve got you covered! Here are your options:
1. Complete our Medicine Advice Form and receive a written response within two working days.
2. Try our telemedicine service to get a more in-depth review of your case by requesting a written-only telemedicine report.
How much does it cost?
Our Internal Medicine Telemedicine Service is currently free of charge. This applies whether you ask for a call followed by a written report or just a written report.
I have had a telemedicine consultation, followed your recommendations and need further advice. Is this available?
Of course! Please contact our Customer Care Team by phone (01628 308330) or email ([email protected]), and we will get back to you.
I am a pet carer; what do I need to do?
Your vet will discuss the option of seeking specialist consultation with you. If in agreement, your vet will attend the telemedicine consultation with an Internal Medicine specialist to discuss your pet’s care. Following this consultation, your vet will provide you with a recommended treatment plan for your pet.
At present, there is no charge by The Ralph for our telemedicine consultations. We will send you a zero-fee invoice after the consultation for your records.
Please note that your primary practice may charge you a fee for their time involved in having a telemedicine consultation with The Ralph. This is entirely a matter between you and your primary practice.
To book an appointment, please contact us or use the referral portal. For any queries or to discuss the suitability of patients for this service, please contact us.
About Zoom: Zoom is an online platform that enables us to hold a video call with you. It is integrated with our hospital management system. You can use your mobile phone, tablet or computer to join the call. Step-by-step instructions can be found here.