Dentistry + Oral Surgery Resident
One weekend, Bear (pictured here with our first-year Dentistry Resident, Crina) suffered maxillary fractures. Crina was on hand to surgically remove multiple bone and tooth fragments from Bear’s wounds before stitching them up. He is doing very well and is as gorgeous and friendly as ever!
The Ralph is a young independent multidisciplinary referral centre in Marlow, Buckinghamshire (South East). We aspire to provide compassion-focused, excellent care, and we’re recruiting for a Dentistry Resident to join us on this journey.
ABOUT THE POSITION
This is a 3-year, full-time position starting in January 2022. The successful applicant will work under the supervision of EVDC Diplomate and Head of Dentistry at The Ralph, Simone Kirby, to directly manage cases, dental/oral surgeries, diagnostic imaging, and communication with veterinary colleagues and pet carers.
The most common cases treated by our Dentistry Service include:
– Complex extractions
– Enamel hypoplasia
– Root canal procedures
– Occasional maxillofacial trauma and emergencies.
There is also the occasional weird and wonderful mixed in!
You will work alongside specialists in Emergency and Critical Care, Diagnostic Imaging, Oncology, Soft Tissue Surgery, Neurology, Ophthalmology, and more. Our hospital also has a 24-7-365 Diplomate-led Emergency and Critical Care service. This allows us to provide specialist care at any time to critical patients.
We are looking for candidates who:
– Share our core values. Values such as compassion, patience, gratitude, humility and a learning mindset
– Have a passion for dentistry and oral surgery
– Have been qualified a minimum of two years including a minimum of one year in a small animal internship or have equivalent experience
– Are eligible to work in the UK (MRCVS)
- Salary range: £32,000 (Year 1) to £36,000 (Year 3)
- 28 days holiday
- Generous CPD allowance
- Support for further qualifications
- Contributions towards professional fees and memberships
Please get in touch by emailing [email protected]. Please include your CV and a cover letter.
The deadline for applications is 10th August 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!